FOLLOW This Blog!

Monday, July 23, 2018

The Rhythm of the Dream Weaver

I have several self-therapeutic methods that I turn to when I need to reign in my topsy-turvy whirlwind of thoughts and anxieties. One of my tried and true methods is to write. It can be simple journaling, poetry, or a chapter or two in whatever book I'm working on; and sometimes it looks like plain old gibberish. Today it is a poem; a sonnet. Sonnets are my favorite! 

*****

The Rhythm of the Dream Weaver


The weaver strums chords of hope with his sandman fingers, 
Waltzing his way through her repeated dreams.
The music takes her mind from the madness that lingers,
As she shuffles her way through a madman's schemes.

The Maestro's resounding harmonies join to lead her,
In wake or sleep, or between the two states.
He strums and he hums 'til he creates a believer
In the melody, chorus, and rhythm of fate.

She sways to the melody that echoes the spirit,
Residing within the walls of her mind.
Intertwining their chorus of rhythm and lyrics, 
With a choreographed dance she can mime.

She sings and she dances, and is no longer afraid
Of rattling bones in closets, and the choices they've made!

© Michelle LaDuke 2018



*****

If you enjoyed this sonnet, I hope you'll read 
The Weeping Tree

*****

Until next time!
May your blessings be many and your troubles be few!

No comments:

Post a Comment