FOLLOW This Blog!

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Mason jar candy dispenser








I got this old woodcrafted dispenser from a friend and instantly knew it was going to get a makeover! When I was a little girl, my mom had one of these. I like the dispenser, but I don't like the raw wood. 




*****
 I happened to have some high gloss white paint on hand from another project, and I like the look. I gave the piece a slight sanding, and simply painted it with a small cut-in paint brush.
*****
I hot-glued the outer part of a mason jar lid into the top. This keeps the mason jar steady. 
*****


During a week of having four of our grandchildren with us, our little Miss Bean, and J. Bug were playing with Play-Doh, which is one of Miss Bean's favorite things to do. Miss Bean is just learning to roll the Play-Doh to make little balls. So, I showed J. Bug and Miss Bean what I wanted, and they made my little "gum-balls" for the revamped dispenser. Once the Play-Doh balls were good and dry, I sprayed them with a clear coat sealer. I love the way they look in the dispenser. 
*****
I had this tiny ceramic mouse and I couldn't resist!


*****
Until next time!
May your blessings be many and your troubles be few!

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment