FOLLOW This Blog!

Monday, March 11, 2013

Necklace display

My bestie has a birthday coming up and after much brain racking I came up with this hand-crafted gift for her. She has recently gotten into making jewelry and she has mentioned trying her hat at selling her wares at a craft show. So I came up with this necklace display I created out of a plastic quart milk jug and the sides of a half gallon bleach bottle. I really love the end result. I am making several of these for her and I am making displays for her bracelets and earrings as well. I think she's going to like them. I know I do.




The bracelet display is from the heavy duty cardboard tube that my husband's screen comes on (He builds screen rooms and pool enclosures so he always has those tubes) I had him saw just a bit off the round so that it would sit flat and then I covered it in batted fabric. The ends are made from plastic lids covered in batted fabric. I also made a black one to match the necklace displays. I like the way these came out as well.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, I am trying to use up things I've got on hand and use as much recycled materials as possible so this project was especially fun for me because I didn't have to buy a thing! Yay for my wallet!

May your troubles be few and your blessings be many!

MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment