FOLLOW This Blog!

Friday, March 8, 2013

Getting crafty with Grandma's dress

Hello folks, I am extremely pleased with the way everything is going right now. The kids have been moved out for a couple weeks now so I got to take all my craft/sewing/scrapbooking supplies out of the closet and into my new craft studio. It's been a lot like Christmas as I've been upacking things and getting them organized into my new room: I had forgotten about so much of what I had and I feel like a giddy little girl as I find things I haven't seen in such a long time. I love the rediscovery of my creative mind.

My goal has been to create all I can using items I already have on hand. I did buy a rotary cutter from Hobby Lobby because I plan to sew a couple quilts soon. I've never made a quilt before so I'm sure it will be fun learning the ins and outs of quilting. But until then...



...This little jar made the cutest pin cushion I was lucky enough to have received some home canned hot sauce in this little jar, and with a little soaking in some baking soda water it took that smell right out; so I was excited about another recycle. And the best part is that I have been holding on to a dress that my grandmother wore. I always knew I wanted to create some special items for myself with the dress and I made this little pin cushion jar to hold my pins using a small part of the dress. I am also going to make a nice little fabric covered trinket holder using the same fabric and a few other items to send to my sisters and my cousins so that we each have a little part of the dress.

May your troubles be few and your blessings be many,

MEL

No comments:

Post a Comment