FOLLOW This Blog!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Tree Craft #2

I haven't felt up to par today: this makes flu bug number 3 already this season. So I kept busy today with some light crafting. I managed to finish another of my trees.
I found all these pegs at a yard sale for $3.00! About 5lbs in a small tub. My Aunt Tony used to make ceramic Christmas trees that lit up, and these were same kind of pegs she used in the ceramic trees. I don't make ceramic trees, but I knew I would find a great use for them. I had ordered some Styrofoam cones for a different project, but decided to change direction.
I started at the bottom, hot gluing the pegs around the cone evenly.

I glued each layer...

...until the cone was full. I filled in the tiny open spots with the smallest pegs in the batch.
I am very pleased with how they turned out!

I think I like the larger one better. I am working on the third one now and should have it finished by the end of the day. I still have lots of the plastic bulbs left so I invite any suggestions on possible crafts to use them up on.


*****
~May your blessings be many and your troubles be few!

*****
Don't forget to follow and G+

No comments:

Post a Comment