FOLLOW This Blog!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Manila folder lapbook WWII school project


My hubby and I are starting a new chapter in our lives soon, and one of the necessary steps is to down size two homes into one modest sized storage unit. We will be traveling for a while; visiting loved ones, seeing the sites, promoting my book... I am over the moon excited for this next chapter! Downsizing has it's emotional moments, especially when I'm sorting and purging, and come across so much amazing memorabilia. Our children and grandchildren will be receiving boxes and totes full of photos, art work I've saved through the years, school projects I just couldn't throw out...

One of the things I came across that distracted me from my sorting mission is this lapbook project. This was our youngest son's project from history class. If my memory serves me correctly, this was a tenth grade project. The subject was WWII; he was allowed to choose from a list of sub topics, and he chose the Weapons of World War II. The basic lapbook was created at school. I remember when he came home and asked me if I had any extra supplies in my scrapbooking and crafting room. I went like a frenzied momma bear in an attempt to give this boy his supplies! I provided the supplies and he did the work.  He did a massive amount of research, using the internet, old magazines, and pamphlets for the pictures, as well as some old encyclopedias we'd had for years. (The encyclopedias had seen their better days so I was excited to see them get some good use!) 
Jerod has always done very well with his school projects. He sometimes cut it short with time management, but he always had great content, and took pride in what he turned in. He made an A+ on this one, and I decided it deserved to be shared! 
*****
All parts of manila folder were covered with scrapbook paper. 

He used a letter stencil on construction paper for the letters. Good job of cutting those out son!


There were lots of flaps to unfold.


He had to include a pop-up.

















Thank you for stopping by! If you like our content, please follow or add us to your circle! And don't forget to +1


No comments:

Post a Comment