FOLLOW This Blog!

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Wild flowers for my soul!

Wild Phlox and wild florida forest orchids. The Phlox have been growing in every willing field and most roadside shoulders. They are thick and stunning in their showy togetherness. They come up in clusters, especially now while our soil is dry. I have this old enamel ice bucket with a plastic liner in it. The flowers are a little wilted looking because they spent about 20 minutes between ground and water, while I sorted and cut them. 

 Even though the flowers were pretty as they were, I decided to sit the bucket down inside my yellow painted basket. Before I cut the grass in my front yard, I picked some of the Spuranthes tuberosa (or as we call them, wild Florida Forest Orchids.) They look elegantly understated here. And the Phlox are perking up very beautifully too!


*****


I call the little ceramic duck, Flufferduck. (He might be a goose, but that's okay) You never know where you'll find him! He's a wanderer!



No comments:

Post a Comment