FOLLOW This Blog!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Not so "Permanent" Marker.

My son's girlfriend was babysitting for a friend and the little boy she was watching was just learning to write. He decided to take a black permanent marker to several items around my house. One of the things he wrote all over was my deep freezer and I have tried many things to get the marker off. To no avail. Another of the items was a plastic drawer container I use to store my grandson's crayons and such. I figured nail polish remover would probably do the trick but I didn't want the acetone to damage any surfaces so I tried alcohol and voila! No more marker on the freezer and no more marker on any thing else either!




I used repurposed dryer sheets with some alcohol and all the marker came off! It took a bit more alcohol and more elbow grease to remove it from the freezer but it was a success. The next step is to cover the drawers using the inspiration I got from Kinder-Craze.

I'll be sure to post the after pics when I'm finished.

I hope your days are as blessed as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment